Every once in a while I succumb to blogland in ways that I usually resist (tags such as this one, for example), and after my horrible scare/experience yesterday, I decided to go ahead and post a tag (I got it from Pris, blame her. Teehee). After all, I now realize the import of a working blog!!
YOU’RE ON MY FRIENDS LIST, I WANNA KNOW YOU…I want to know a few things about you. I don’t care if we never talk, never liked each other, or if we already know everything about each other…most of you know I am nosy and like to know everything, so indulge me. 🙂
Just a note on this: my friends list is important to me, just as important as every other detail on my page. I don’t keep people on it who don’t stop by and leave a comment (otherwise, I won’t know they’ve been here, right?), let alone someone I don’t like (!!); I’m not QUITE as bad as I used to be about deleting people from it, but after a bit of noncommunication, I will delete someone from my list, especially if they’re new and I don’t know them well (someone I know well, I’ll never delete for nonappearance . . . I might show up at your front door, but I won’t delete you!!). I like the social thing about blogging, and I like people who blog as I do: interactively, thoughtfully, obsessively (hehe, that bit’s a joke), etc.
Frankly, I get stressed when I see that I have too many people to visit and read their blogs; I don’t want to be one of those people who sees a long post and immediately clicks away because I have four hundred other posts to read, and quantity is suddenly of prime importance over quality. Shudder. I also don’t want to be one of those people who only “take”; you know the ones, they post and expect comments, but never acknowledge you at all or if they do, they just post the occasional “smile” as a quick comment or something equally inane. That used to drive me crazy in college; those profs who would put an “A” on my paper (well, THAT part was good) but not write one comment all the way through. Ugh! How’m I doin? That’s what I wanted to know. What can I work on? I wanted to know that, too. Then. Now, here in blogland, I like to hear what people are thinking, how they’re doing, what my posts make them think about or whatever pops out of their fingertips. I like my friends, all of you, and to make sure that I can give all the time and attention you each deserve (and look at you lot, you deserve the best I have to give!), I need a limited number of people otherwise this is a full time job, and unless someone starts sending me a check, it’s not practical. Or even fun anymore.
I don’t do vast lists for the sake of lists (in fact I became quite alarmed the other day when I realized there were 30 people on my list–thus my more recent delete-fest), I’m not afraid to say “no” to invites for whatever reason I have at the time I get the invite (usually just a blank page or some silliness that I know I won’t be able to deal with), and I don’t do blah blah stuff just for the sake of it, either. Sorry. I’m a bit of a friend nazi that way. I like my 360 friends the same way I like my blog posts (those I read, those I write) . . . to be quality, not quantity. I look at my friends’ page now, and I just beam with pride; you are all amazing and great and I’m so thrilled you’re here with me and allow me to be there with you. You ARE quality. Yay you!!
That said, don’t feel ANY obligation to do this tag; I don’t usually do them (though I’ve been known to, eh, Ceres? Wink). I also don’t do a lot of 360 things even if I like it when others do them (thinking of those Friday 5’s, Wednesday weirdness, Thursday 13’s, various “change your avatar for a day” things, etc.). Just not my thing. So if this is just not your thing. I get it. No worries. Maybe you’ll want to comment on your friends’ list philosophy (we’re all different with that, I think) or–and this I would LOVE to know–how people with huge lists keep up with them.
Post your reply in the comment box then repost the empty questions in your blog so that I can answer them for you too. *
1. Can you cook?
2. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
3. What talent do you wish you had?
4. Favorite place?
5. Favorite vegetable?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. Are you Dirty or Clean?
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings?
9. Worst Habit?
HERE COMES THE FUN … … …
1. Do we know each other outside of Yahoo 360?
2. What’s your philosophy on life?
3. Negative or Optimistic?
4. What was your dream growing up?
5. Worst thing to ever happen to you?
6. Would you give me money or a slap in the face?
7. Tell me one weird fact about you:
8. Would you have my back or kick me when I’m down?
9. Do you Trust me?
10. Have you ever kept anything from me?
11. What do you think of me as a Person?
12. Do you think I’m sane or insane?
13. Would you cry for me if I died?
14. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
15. If you could change anything about me, would you?
16. How do you fall asleep?
17. Would you come over to yell at me or just call?
18. Would you go on a blind date if I set you up?
19. If I only had one day to live would you be honest or lie?
20. A million bucks.. what would you do with it?
21. What is your worst fear?
22. Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
23. How many times did you curse at me while filling out this thing?
24. Can you sing or dance?
25. In one word, how would you describe me?
26. Will you repost this so I can fill it out?
* I already filled out this fir
st part at Pris’, so I thought I’d put it here, it’s not going to change, and I don’t want to copy and paste them from blog to blog.
Can you cook? Yes, not a gourmet chef, but I can wrangle up a decent lasagne, an edible chicken breast, and a pot of chili
2. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Depends, am I alone? If so, freak out, then push the little button, then call 911. Then take the book I always carry out of my bag and read it while I wait to be rescued (otherwise, I’d go insane!!)
3. What talent do you wish you had? I wish that I could quilt like Spartonmom or draw/paint like Fanta.
4. Favorite place? My couch
5. Favorite vegetable? Corn nibblets or brussel sprouts . . . oooh, or asparagus! Yum
6. What was the last book you read? Cell by Stephen King
7. Are you Dirty or Clean? Clean
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Just my ears (two holes, though I only use one now; I am a child of the ’80’s we ALL had two holes then, minimum)
9. Worst Habit? procrastination