I started answering this tag a while ago and got swept away by the first entry (on being 40), then Tally just did it, so here I am, trying to finish it up.
(recap of) 1. I hate being 40. Or at least that’s how it began, but honestly, now that I’ve blogged it out of my system and heard from all of you on the topic, I really don’t mind it at all. (though I am still giggling at Ang for having me as her role model for being 40 . . . hehe, you’re only three or four years younger, Goof!)
2. I believe in both evolution and God (and in Jesus Christ as Savior). And yep, I can make it all work in my head, heart, and soul; obviously, it gets tricky when it comes to church affiliation, so I just don’t go. And for those of you wondering, you really have to “believe in” evolution until we find that dratted “missing link”; I mean we do know species change / adapt, but we’ve no real evidence that they change into something else entirely (especially humans from monkeys, wouldn’t there be no more monkeys if evolution means survival of the fittest, and we humans are fittest? Or no more humans if monkeys are?). Gotta take that one on faith.
3. I love tossing out controversial statements as fact (or as asides). Makes me smile.
4. I hate feet. No, I don’t just hate feet; they make me cringe and shudder with their grossness. Oddly, I don’t mind touching my feet with my hands (to put on my fab Dr. Scholl’s for her foot lotion, for instance), but I can’t stand my bare feet to touch each other (thus the fuzzy slippers, no doubt). I would never touch someone else’s feet with any part of my body. Gah!
5. I’m afraid of heights, can’t stand more than two or three rungs up on a ladder, but I don’t mind flying. Well, I can’t sit by the window, or have that little shade up if I must do so. And I guess that I do mind flying more in this post-9/11 world (though not enough to stop my doing so, of course), but not because of my fear of heights.
6. I love watching those true crime and forensics shows on Court TV and A & E. I think it would be “neat” to be an FBI profiler ala Dayle Hinman or the Jodie Foster character in Silence of the Lambs. But then the realistic side of my brain knows that I would be awful at it . . . can’t stand the sight of blood. And though I’ve never seen a dead person in person (except at funerals), I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be something I would tolerate well. But still I watch the television shows.
7. I love going on cruises. I like that everything is right there and always available, and I like that you’re taken right to the point of interest (no need to find your way or rent a car). I also like that there’s so much to do on board, and that you can be “together” with whomever you’re traveling or wander off and do totally different things.
So, the thing is to come up with 7 random facts about yourself and then to tag 7 others, but we all know that some people dislike tags, so I won’t do that to you. But if you want to play along . . . I’d love to learn more about you either on your own list post or here in comments.
The pic is of the miracle foot lotion . . . it’s good stuff. Really.